Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What about Bill?

The media scrambles to find a moniker for potential eastwinger Bill Clinton.
CNN's says he could be called the "First Gentleman". And while Senator Hills was in Iowa this past weekend someone suggested this.

"First Lady's Man".


(from the Washington Post)








And that wasn't the only allusion to Big Willie's philandering past. Everyone went nuts analyzing Hillary's response to a question about whether she is equipped to deal with "evil and bad men". The senator handled it well.

From the National Ledger...
"The question is, we face a lot of dangers in the world and, in the gentleman's words, we face a lot of evil men and what in my background equips me to deal with evil and bad men," Clinton said. She paused to gaze while the audience interrupted with about 30 seconds of laughter and applause.

It was a great moment. Is it evil and bad to lie to your wife and the country about diddling the help? Hilary tried to explain for the rest of the day that she didn't mean her hubby was the one to which she was referring.

Meeting later with reporters, she was pressed repeatedly to explain what she meant. She insisted it was a simple joke. "I thought I was funny," Clinton said. "You guys keep telling me to lighten up, be funny. I get a little funny and now I'm being psychoanalyzed."

How about President Emeritus?

No comments: